Mr. Billy from Wit & Vinegar had this amazing idea of organizing a #PopsicleWeek where a bunch of bloggers would create different recipes to compile the ultimate list of mouthwatering and dirty-fantasy-inducing popsicles. Brilliant, right?!
For my homework I made something a tad healthier than the average popsicle. This recipe for Banana, Hemp, and Salted Dark Chocolate Ganache Popsicles packs a punch of protein, a dose of Omega fatty acids, and a fistful of energy to fuel the rest of your summer. Best of all, it has no extra added sugar. I think Jane Fonda would be quite proud of us.
Read the full recipe after the jump!
Banana, Hemp, and Salted Dark Chocolate Ganache Popsicles
Makes around six 2.5oz popsicles
- 6 Ripe bananas.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of hemp hearts
- 200 gr of dark chocolate (at least 70% dark)
- 4 tablespoons of cream (or substitute for soy or coconut milk to make it vegan)
- Crushed sea salt
- Place the bananas, hemp, and vanilla in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mix in the popsicle moulds, add yo sticks, freeze.
- To make the ganache: in a bain-marie (fancy talk for double boiler) melt the chocolate. Make sure the water is NOT touching the bowl at all, and have it barely simmering. Add the 4 tablespoons of cream and whisk until smooth. If needed, add extra cream.
- Bring your popsicles out of the freezer and, using a spatula, smear them with ganache. Messy looks good! Have your salt ready to go and sprinkle it on top before the chocolate sets.
- Bite bite bite and enjoy!
Beware: these salty banana treats are kind of addictive! So don’t be surprised if you end up stuffing the whole thing in your mouth (see, popsicles make you dirrrty).
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes on Wit & Vinegar. There are tons of delicious gems in there!
Thanks for inviting me to #PopsicleWeek Billy!