GUYYSSS. Oprah is not here to scream, so I will have to fake it. GUUUYYSS. Huge awesome news that include you. Yep! Here’s the scoop:
A few weeks ago I was invited to be part of this rad new market place based out of NYC called GREAT.LY Basically GREAT.LY will be a place for tastemakers to open a curated online shop stuffed to the ceiling with products they love from people they love. Isn’t it awesome?! Seems like the perfect marriage, right?
Now check out the lineup of peeps ready to open shop for GREAT.LY’s launch in mid May:
(AY DIOS MIO, I am side by side with big gun girlies!)
So here’s how it works: Makers make and earn. Tastemakers sell and earn. Buyers get to enjoy the best of both worlds in one rad shop full of hand-picked treasures from their favourite bloggers (I’m one of them, right?!).
I have so many vendors in mind it’s definitely going to be hard to narrow them down. If you are a MAKER and want to be part of this tornado of coolness, then hurry up and APPLY HERE, and obvi, if you like my style and we are a fit, I’d absolutely LOVE to work with ya.
For more info about GREAT.LY read this post on The Jealous Curator.
BOOYA!!! Let’s do this!
PS. If you want to be part of my shop and/or have some rad ideas to collaborate on products you can also email me on email@example.com
Are you kidding me? It’s Friday already?! How is this possible?! Not complaining about being able to enjoy the weekend, but it’s just scary how time is flying by so quickly. Anywho. I got some goodies for you:
1. First two images are from the The Alchemist Dressing Table by HEKA. How beautiful! Wish we all had one at home.
2. Then we jump into a cool DIY by Josefin Hååg, so simple and modern. Wish I could drill holes on my wall!
3. And yet another cool DIY, this time by My Dubio to create ombre easter eggs, I’m telling ya, these Scandi peeps have no limits.
4. Lastly this super sleek-styled room was created by 365 Degrees North for Bolia. I want to have coffee in there so bad!
Alrighty amigos, that’s all for this week. See you here on Monday with a fresh load of laundry…and posts. Happy weekend!
Let’s daydream and break the piggy bank, bishezzz. Enjoy the weekend my dear friends. See you on Monday!
Sometimes I like to play the equivalent of “dress up” but with rooms. If you want to play with me, here are the instructions:
1. Go to a site where you know you’ll find the best interior shots
2. Make yourself a drink
3. Sit down and start collecting images of amazing rooms, rooms that inspire you and make you feel a bit jealous
4. Make another drink
5. Make a list of objects in that room – doesn’t matter if you can afford them – actually, if you can’t afford them, even better. Go over the list and make an imaginary budget of how much money you need to afford that lifestyle.
6. Make anotha driinnk, wooooo!
7. Like, for real, who…ok. Just freaking look at those rooms. Aren’t they beautiful? Now, come back to reality and look around you, like WTF? Do you live at a salvation army? Pffft, gurl, yu gon need sum holmes on homos in yer home.
8. Gurl, just fucking pour yourself a doubllle on the rocks already, actually, take the whole bottle wit youuu. #YOLO
9. So tell me, who da fuck livz in these houses? HOW CAN ANYONE AFFORD THIS? DO THEY EVEN EAT OR SHIT? WHY IS EVERHTHING IMMACULATE? WHATEVRRR SCREW THEM AND THEIR BLUSH-HUED ALPACA RUGS!! SAY WHAT?? YOU DON’ KNOW ME!! *Sip more of your drink* *chug it all*
10. Then pass out….
Whenever you wake up the next day you’ll be back to normal and you’ll have left your rage in the past. Isn’t it fun?! It’s like cheap therapy. Best of all, the internet is a cornucopia of interior images so you can play room dress up whenever you want. I know, I should give workshops about this, a total breakthrough!
All Images: Elle Decoration
My oh my. Am I (are we) green with envy today! This home of Scandinavian blogger Josefin Hååg is minimal design heaven. So clean and uncluttered! How is this possible? (though, she might have cleaned up quite a lot for this shoot). Have you ever sat down in your couch and all of the sudden be all like “shit…this place needs a somethin’ somethin’”? I do it all the time! And I never end up changing a thing, ha!
But when you see this kind of inspiration, you cannot help to feel a lustful attraction to home decor stores, including the shopping-hang-over-why-did-I-buy-this-crap guilt that comes afterwards.
Maybe if we move to some Scandinavian country they’ll give us this kind of apartment as part of our welcome package!?
PS. Her space doesn’t seem to be HUGE but she has it in such a way that looks super bright and spacious. We must learn her ways!
Photos: Kristofer Johnsson