Can you feel the heat? Yes we can!
At last, the sun is here friends. There’s nothing left to do other than let it soak while reading your favorite book at the park. Pure. Bliss. I must admit though, the whole waking-up-from-hibernation thing has left my batteries a bit depleted, but there’s a cure for that. Cue: the most amazingly energizing and refreshing cold brewed tea ever. Wanna make a few batches with me? Yeah you do!
How To Make An Energizing Cold Brewed Tea
– A clean glass bottle or container (I prefer glass as it won’t leach any nasty stuff)
– 1 kaffir lime leaf
– Organic yerba mate – about 3 tablespoons per cup of water
– A few slices of fresh ginger
– Combine all ingredients, stick’em in the bottle.
– Let it sit overnight.
– Wake up, do some stretches, thank the sun for this amazing day, go to the kitchen, strain the brewed tea.
– Bottle up and enjoy!
How freaking simple is that? Dudes, seriously, this mix is so amazing. Yerba mate is full of antioxidants, aids digestion, and has a different kind of caffeine that will help you kick your day in the balls, but without the horrible jitters – the grassy flavor of yerba mate is complemented by the spiciness of the ginger and the fragrant, refreshing kaffir lime. Holy yogi on a cracker!
Let me know if you come up with any crazy mixes of your own, love to try’em!
Photos and Styling by The Artful Desperado